Monday, May 5, 2008

Meredith's First Minivan

Ok, I always said I would NEVER own a minivan, but I guess I should never say never...
We purchased a car over in Budapest over the internet, pretty much sight unseen. The current owners are American expats that will be returning to the US in June just when we will be arriving. What luck! I found the car on a website for expat exchange, kind of like Craig's List. Turns out our current friends in Budapest, John & Kristina, actually knew the sellers and were able to give us a lot of comfort. So, a $2,000 deposit later, we are the proud (almost) owners of our first family minivan! Its a flex-7 seater, meaning the third row seats fold down, allowing us room to load groceries or to pick up grandparents from the airport! I can't wait to learn to navigate the streets and fortunately I'll have my little friend Garmin directing me. Check out my new ride!

No comments: