We have signed on the dotted line and have an official place to call our own in Budapest! We will be downsizing a great deal from nearly 3,000 sq. ft. to about 1,000 sq. ft., but hopefully that will only bring our cozy family closer! I am just thrilled to have a kitchen that is connected to the family room (most overseas are "closed" kitchens cut off from the rest of the home), a washer/dryer (literally, it does both...I'll let you all know how that goes), and a stand-up shower! Our "garden" (as they call backyards) is actually larger than our current backyard so that is a plus for Caden. The flat is 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bath. It was built in 2002 and has been beautifully maintained. We have a shared garage with two parking spots and also an indoor pool and sauna. Hopefully I'll be getting some swimming workouts in and also teaching Caden to swim this summer! We will likely be replacing the furnished couches. I just can't come to grips with sitting on someone else's couches for 2 years. Ikea will be our retailer of choice. To potential visitors: you'll get Caden's room when visiting, with your own attached bath! We are technically on the second floor, so we'll walk up to our front door but then straight out into our backyard. Here are a few pictures...
Our flat on Deres utca
Living & Dining room with view to Kitchen
Kitchen (with dishwasher, oven & fridge on the far right)
Private "Garden"
Our bidet (I just had to add this)
8 comments:
It looks great!!!
We have friends that just moved to Dubai. They were telling us that the washer and dryer are one in the same as well. There are a number of things you talk about here that are the same there as well. Very interesting! I look forward to hearing more.
Looks nice. The kitchen looks alot like ours in London did and I can tell you all about that washer/dryer combo thing. We had to do VERY small loads but it did work.
I love the blog and will keep up with your happenings this way. The flat looks wonderful, very contemporary and friendly. And I can see you in the minivan. Believe it or not, when we lived on the hill on Evenside, BeBe had a combo washer/dryer. It was nice to just put the clothes in once, but really SLOW.
Very cool Flat! I think Caden will have fun running around in that very green garden which looks nicely landscaped.
Can't wait to hear abot all your adventures!
I am very jealous of the bidet. I've been asking Summer to let me have on installed in the house, but she has yet to consent. I expect a full report from Kyle after the first use!
WHAT?! i had no idea that you even moved.. charles doesn't tell me much :( Congratulations on sweet reese.. she is precious! :)
keep us updated.. i added your blog link to mine..
Lele and Papa Jack think this is going to be a cool thing for you to do. Can't wait to come and visit you in Budapest.
Post a Comment