Saturday, February 6, 2010

Caden's Open Swim


Caden has been attending once-weekly swimming lessons with his class since September and has turned into a little fish. The parents were invited to watch a lesson a few weeks ago and I was very impressed with Caden's improvement and comfort in the water. He and his classmates (usually about 8-9 kids) listen very well to the 2 instructors and all enjoy the hour each week.

I was impressed watching Caden float on his back, kick the length of the pool with a kickboard, and practice his freestyle strokes with a noodle. His favorite thing to do is spin around under the water and practice his kicks on the side of the pool. At the end of the class all the kids received a swimming medal. He'll continue more lessons for the remainder of the year, but he is already doing awesome.

Way to go Caden!

LOVE this one! Caden & Maren

Some of the class & the instructors

3 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I have to say this is amazing! He's going to be such a fish. I wish that the kiddos back here had this opportunity. Lucky dog!!!!

Unknown said...

Caden-Uncle Brett is very proud of your good swimming skills. Keep it up you little water bug. It is too bad you are too young to understand about the "Ultra-Euro" swimsuit your mom has put you in. But if the look has the girls kissing you, keep it up!!

Reese-Make sure you keep those little cheeks warm when playing in the snow. I personally think you like the snow but I learned at Christmas when you are riding something you always have a look of purpose. Can't wait to see you and your brother, and your mommy and daddy.

Lisa Liner said...

Love the snow and swimming pictures! You are so lucky to experience so many neat things! Lele is very proud that you both are learning so many fun things!
We love and miss you!
Lele