Since we cancelled my XM radio a few weeks ago my wonderful husband so kindly set some radio stations for me so I could live like the rest of the world again with commercials and talk between songs. Anyway, half of the stations he set were country. There was one song that kept coming on whenever I was in the car and I was really drawn to it, not really listening to the lyrics, just enjoying the melody. The same song came on in the car today as Caden and I were driving home after dropping Kyle off at the airport for his departure to Budapest. The song is called "So Close Now" by the Eli Young Band. It's playing for you now (hopefully). While the whole song doesn't necessarily apply, the chorus in particular is very appropriate for this time in our lives:
I am so close now to walking away
About to walk a path I've gotta take
I am packing up heading out
I can't sleep I'm dreaming way too loud
I'm so close now, so close now
We are very close to taking on this adventure! Our home is all packed and Kyle is obviously off to Budapest already to get started on work and making sure things are settled with our apartment. While we will enjoy these last few days in Dallas & at Lake Cherokee, we look forward to joining Daddy over there. We miss you Daddy!
8 comments:
It is so close, yet so far away. What a great opportunity to see parts of the world you may never see again. I am dreaming to loud to sleep, knowing it will be 6 months before I see Caden and Reese again. I include you and Kyle also, but for the past 3 years, being Poppy has been some of the best years of my life. Family is so important and more times at Lake Cherokee await.
That brought tears to my eyes! We are going to miss you all so much, but what a wonderful adventure and opportunity you are about to have. I am so happy that everything is falling into place! We love you guys!!!
although we aren't in budapest, we just had a major move too.. so i can relate to your emotions right now.. what you're doing is not easy. After all the excitement and adrenaline wears off and the reality sinks in; it is really hard - I'm praying that the transition is smooth for you. Good Luck! :) Christa
That is so funny- Kurt's cousin plays in the Eli Young band! Small world! We are going to miss seeing you guys once we finally make it to Dallas, but I'm sure you will be back often and hopefully we can make it over to Budapest in the next couple of years! Hope the move goes well- we'll be thinking about you guys!
I wish you guys the best of luck! You won't regret the move, I have no doubt about that. It will be an awesome experience, and two years will fly by. Oh, and the guy in the Eli Young Band is actually my 2nd cousin (who I've only met once), but who's counting? They are a local band too (Denton, TX).
Oh Mere, that made me cry! We are going to miss you guys so much, but I know you have a wonderful journey ahead of you! We will be thinking of you and praying for you. I can't wait to read about all your adventures here on the blog!
Aww, Poppy's comments made me cry. We will miss you. I can't wait to hear about all of your exciting adventures! Bear and Boo and I will log on and look at you pics and read all about the fun stuff you Caden and Reese are doing! Remember the traditions lady's suggestion about postcards-send them to yourself!
I hope this move will be a smooth transition for you. You are going to get to experience so many wonderful things. I know it will be very hard at times but you will look back on it with great memories I'm sure. I can't wait to read about all your fun adventures! I'll be praying for you guys!
Post a Comment