Saturday, May 23, 2009

Parent's Day Party

Caden's classroom hosted a Parent's Day party for us on Thursday. We were treated to a wonderful performance by all the Happy Hedgehogs, including a very stage fright Caden! I guess he is not the natural performer and attention-graber that his mommy tends to be! His face did light up when he saw us as he entered the room so that was enough right there for Kyle and me.

Everything about Parent's Day has been a big secret they have been working on for weeks! After the performance Caden gave both Kyle and me gifts. A key chain he had colored especially for Kyle (it is the letter "K") and an apron for me with painted butterflies and his hand print. We enjoy making pancakes together every Saturday morning, so he could not wait for me to wear it on Saturday!

Despite any lack of a performance from our little man, it was a really fun morning. Warning - the performance is 7 minutes long so you only have to watch the whole thing if you are a grandparent! Caden was a white tulip.

The four buddies - Marcus, Carter, Caden & Roli


The butterflies talk to the white tulips

Moms & kids

Maren & Caden


2 comments:

Uncle Brett said...

Well hello family! Sorry mom and dad but this post is going to be towards my favorite niece and nephew. Yep, that's right, I am talking to you Caden and Reese. Caden I want to congratulate you on a great performance. When I was close to your age I was an elephant in a play. Looks as if you had a much cooler part as mine was pretty terrible. Well I know you are dreaming of pancakes as we speak so enjoy and take care of your momma and sister! Love you buddy!
As for cutie-pie Reese you are getting so big (in a good, female way)! A little bit of friendly competition with your friends is a good thing so you keep holding your ground. I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. Love you Reeseeee!

Mom and dad-You guys look great and I am sure are as busy as ever. Miss you!

Lisa Liner said...

Lele thinks Caden was the coolest white tulip!!! What a fun video! Hollywood here you come! I think Caden you were the best..but then again...I am the grandmother!