Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yikes - I'm behind!

Preparing to write my novel on our trip to Amsterdam made me delinquent on prior posts. We spent a wonderful, yet short week in the US over the Easter holiday. We spent the majority of our time in Atlanta with Kyle's family and enjoyed Easter egg hunts, great weather, a BIG treat for Kyle's birthday and lots of Lele, Papa Jack & Uncle Brett time!
First and foremost, Kyle parent's surprised him (and me) with an early gift for his 30th birthday. They treated us to amazing seats (about 7 rows up to the slight left of home plate) to a Braves game while we were in town. We enjoyed a night on the town with a driver taking us to and from the game, even though the Braves lost... The best part - free babysitting! We have not experienced that in a while! Unfortunately, I did not want to take my big camera to the game with us, so no pictures of it, but there are a few shots of Kyle figuring out his surprise through a well-planned scavenger hunt by his Mom! We had a great time.

After a week in Atlanta, me and the kids traveled to Dallas for the weekend before our flight back to Budapest. We had a great time with Babee & Poppy and Caden was thrilled to see his John Deere tractor. He was off riding it right when he saw it, even though it was already getting dark! Poppy was a trooper and RAN after him up and down the street. Unfortunately for Poppy, the tractor goes faster on concrete than grass!

We could not be in Dallas without eating good Mexican food, so we went to Mi Cocina for dinner. I ate so much I literally had to take 3 Tums and lay down when we got home. I guess I went a little overboard, but it was SO good! I also had a few hours to catch up with Robin, Staci, Kazzye and their girls. We had some nice "girl time"!

While we were catching up in Dallas, Kyle's friends (Jeff, Chris & Kurt) joined him in Atlanta. They had a nice boys weekend which included an outing on the Liner's boat, grilling, fuse ball tournaments and I'm sure a few drinks. Too bad...no pictures.

Another quick trip and a reminder of how great home is! All our photos are now posted and updated on Shutterfly. Click here.

4 comments:

Jonna said...

Have I told you that I went to high school with Kazzye? Small world!

Lisa Liner said...

The entire visit from yall was spectacular! We loved the laughter and great time together. Thanks Mere for posting the wonderful pictures for me to order!
Love it!
Lele

Lisa Liner said...

Just a wonderful time together! Look forward to our next visit.

Cathy said...

I love the picture of you and Jeff and the kids!