Sunday, March 29, 2009

Couples Cooking

Put together 10 ½ couples, countless bottles of wine & beer, a few sharp knives and a dish that requires flipping pancakes into the air and you get a really good time! We joined several other playgroup moms and dads at Chef Parade, a cooking studio here in Budapest set up to host small parties where we cook and eat together.

We made typical Hungarian dishes including goulash, paprika chicken, nokedli (homemade dumplings) and apple strudel. Kyle was assigned the unfortunate job of chopping onions for the paprika chicken and I was on Team Strudel. The goulash had quite a kick (one pepper – yeah right Mary & Heather), the chicken was yummy and the flipping went well (only one casualty), but I personally thought the strudel was the best. I was biased.

The chefs supervising and helping commented at the end of the night that perhaps a little less drinking would have made our dishes tastier. We all thought the wine made it taste better... Silly Americans!

Kyle & Dan - chopping. Those are tears glimering on their cheeks!

Team Strudel - Kelly, Laura & Allen

3 comments:

Lisa Liner said...

How much fun this looks like it was! We did a similar cooking party in Miami a few years ago! I agree....the drinking helps out a lot....
I can't remember what my job was but I do remember the wine was good and I got a cute apron out of the deal.
I am sure yall had a great night.
love ya,
lisa

Babee said...

What great friends you have made and when everyone returns to the US in the next couple of years, you will have many places to visit and rekindle special relationships.
Love,
Mom

Monique said...

We missed out!! Darn trip. :) I'm glad everyone had a blast.