I never win door prizes, raffles or the like so when we went to the American International School's International Fair here on Sunday, I purchased a set of raffle tickets to support the children (obviously not expecting to win anything). However - I did win!
I won a beauty package from Oriflame, a Swedish cosmetics company boasting natural products. I am now the proud owner of their Ecollagen Day & Night Creams, Body Lotion and a pretty smelling perfume. My deep wrinkles should be visibly reduced within 6 weeks (if you believe the brochure) ;)
So, I was so excited to win SOMETHING from my ticket purchase, how could I expect that my luck would get any better? Then today, as I check my email and see I have won yet another prize, I'm floored. Funzine, a website and published guide of the best places and right things to see in Budapest, was at the event on Sunday. I signed up to be a Funzine Club member to get discounts to places and events around the city and WHALLAA I was entered in a raffle (unbeknownst to me) and I won - AGAIN.
This time, I am the proud winner of a new tennis racket, tennis balls and 20 000 Ft (about $100) worth of lessons at a Tennis Academy. Totally cool. Lisa - get your rackets ready, I'll be ready to play in July!!
So, now I go back to being normal Me and not winning anything as I've definitely reached my free stuff quota for life.
3 comments:
No, it comes in threes! Do they have any casinos over there? You should go!!!
Meredith,
How exciting to win! I never win stuff like that...BUT I think you should play some kind of Budapest lottery! I can't wait to check out the wrinkle "fix" (like you have any wrinkles)...and the tennis stuff is totally cool. I will always go and play tennis with you! Love it!
Lisa
Lady luck!! Send some luck my way! I never win things like that! Keep pressing your luck!
Post a Comment