Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kicked My A**

Since my wonderful gym finally opened its childcare last week, I decided to make the most of my time by doing a couple of sessions with a personal trainer. I've only had time for the treadmill, but I'd like to see even more results, so I'm thinking weights are the next phase.

I had met and spoke with one of the trainers several times and she was eager to meet with me and excited to train someone that she could practice her English with. Sounded great to me!

Yesterday was our first session and she announced to me that she would like for this first hour to work on my legs and ass. Yep, not bottom, butt or gluteus, just plain old ass. That was not the only time she said it either. The rest of the hour was spent answering, "Can you feel it in your ass?" "Does your ass feel tighter?" "Really squeeze your ass." Anyway, I just did not have the heart to tell her that we really don't refer to our derriere as "ass" in public too much.

Plus, she really did kick my ass, so it is actually kinda fitting ;)

8 comments:

Lacey said...

Haha-- that's great! She probably picked it up from some crappy American action movie or something ;)

Summer said...

LOLOL!! That is hilarious! How did you not crack up?

Aubs said...

ROFL! I think I would have lost my concentration in lifting if she kept saying that.

Lisa Liner said...

Meredith,

I would have started laughing and looking around the room to see if anyone was staring!!!!
So proud of you...what a go getter!
Love you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious,,good laugh..i am sure in western europe it is buttocks, butt in eastern it was ass. you must be getting in great shape..maybe we all need to just work our ass more.
.

Monique said...

That's awesome! I just got corrected for a mistake I made speaking Hungarian.. not appropriate here. Ask me later. :) Oh. It's good.

Jonna said...

oh this made me laugh outloud!! That's awesome!

The Martens said...

So hilarious! I can just see it now! Don't pick up any of those hungarian phrases while you're over there- we won't be able to take you ANYWHERE when you get back!! Hah!