Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wall Art

So I go into Caden's room this afternoon to get him up from his nap (yes, my 3 year old thankfully still naps). Slowly lift the window shades, cuddle & tickle on the bed a little bit then lights on. I'm going to straighten up his bed covers when I see BLUE crayon drawings all over the wall above his bed! Now first, seriously, where did the crayon come from? Second, how come my kid decides to do what ALL toddlers do at some point and color on walls that I don't own, nor have the exact paint match in my garage for. I actually reacted quite well considering. No yelling, no time-out, no threat of no DVD-watching. I simply said we do not color on walls and then he watched me clean it off. I know he got it because tonight as I put him to bed (with the offending crayon safely back in the box outside his room), he said "no coloring on the walls again."

Unfortunately, while most of the crayon came off, some of the paint did too. It is slightly noticeable. The walls & paint/sort of wall paper/I don't know what is weird here. Had I googled "crayon on wall" before trying to remove it I would have gotten 1,370,000 hits with probably twice that amount of suggestions on how to remove it.

P.S. Apparently toothpaste is the winning removal agent.

2 comments:

Uncle Brett said...

Caden-Coloring on walls does not make mommy very happy. When I was your age I found Lele's lipstick and decided to color the carpet. Lucky for you, I don't believe I received the same punishment as you did. But at least we both learned our lesson about coloring where we shouldn't. Miss you so much!

Lisa Liner said...

Caden....uh oh....crayons must stay inside the crayon box! Blue is my favorite color...but we won't tell mommy that!!!
I love you!
Lele