UPDATE: Wow - overwhemling response. (Sorry Dad, I guess others just are more interested in baby snot than beautiful baby photographs :) OK Ladies - I picked up 4 baby vac's today at the store. For the low price of $10 - you can all have one! Email me if you want one. I've never shipped anything from here, but I will try to figure it out if you need it immediately. Otherwise, I may be able to bring it to the states in April.
There is nothing worse than a baby with a stuffed-up and/or runny nose. They can't blow it themselves and the tip of it is raw from being wiped with tissue after tissue. The poor children in the US with this problem are subjected to squirts of saline solution and sucks from the bulb syringe. Not a pleasure for mommy or baby.
Now, Hungarian children also have the same problems, but they have a much better solution! Introducing the Baby Vac - a clinically tested and internationally recognized device that (no, I'm not kidding here) actually attaches to your standard vacuum cleaner hose and then SUCKS snot from your kid's nose.
The orrszívó-porszívó (translated - Baby Vac, or snot sucker as our doctor called it) is really popular here. Another American mom had told me she swears by it and even buys them for her friends in the states.
So, with all of Reese's issues last week, I bought one. Directions are all in Hungarian, but hey, I think I can intuitively figure it out. Should I test it out on myself first to make sure I am not going to suck brain cells out of my baby's head? Nah, that would be like zapping yourself with a taser just to try it. Instead I just reduce my vacuum's power to minimum, test it on my hand, and then stick it up Reese's nose.
WOW - you would not believe the stuff that came out of there. I NEVER would have gotten it all with a silly bulb syringe. On top of that, you don't even stick it very far up their nose, so I don't feel like I'm doing damage to her delicate nostrils by jamming the end of a bulb up there.
After such success, I made Caden try it too and it worked just as well on him. Kyle sounds stuffy, he is next!
If you have a minute, you've got to watch this video clip presenting the product. If you have a phobia of bodily fluids (snot only), it may be a little graphic for you. Enjoy the elevator music that accompanies the video - classic. Also, don't be fooled, Reese did NOT like it as much as this kid.
Now taking orders!
Now, Hungarian children also have the same problems, but they have a much better solution! Introducing the Baby Vac - a clinically tested and internationally recognized device that (no, I'm not kidding here) actually attaches to your standard vacuum cleaner hose and then SUCKS snot from your kid's nose.
The orrszívó-porszívó (translated - Baby Vac, or snot sucker as our doctor called it) is really popular here. Another American mom had told me she swears by it and even buys them for her friends in the states.
So, with all of Reese's issues last week, I bought one. Directions are all in Hungarian, but hey, I think I can intuitively figure it out. Should I test it out on myself first to make sure I am not going to suck brain cells out of my baby's head? Nah, that would be like zapping yourself with a taser just to try it. Instead I just reduce my vacuum's power to minimum, test it on my hand, and then stick it up Reese's nose.
WOW - you would not believe the stuff that came out of there. I NEVER would have gotten it all with a silly bulb syringe. On top of that, you don't even stick it very far up their nose, so I don't feel like I'm doing damage to her delicate nostrils by jamming the end of a bulb up there.
After such success, I made Caden try it too and it worked just as well on him. Kyle sounds stuffy, he is next!
If you have a minute, you've got to watch this video clip presenting the product. If you have a phobia of bodily fluids (snot only), it may be a little graphic for you. Enjoy the elevator music that accompanies the video - classic. Also, don't be fooled, Reese did NOT like it as much as this kid.
Now taking orders!
14 comments:
lol!! I blogged about this too! :) These things are quite the catch and I sent them to a few friends already...
awesome!! I already know we're going to need one- hate that bulb syringe! Sign me up- but first I want to know how it worked on Kyle!!
What is coming next?? Never mind...not going to use my imagination on that one.
It looks like an instrument of torture and I am sure it is outlawed in the U.S. Well, now it would be outlawed as an instrument of torture--before Jan. 20 not so sure. Hope her sinuses are intact.
you might have to send me one!! This looks like a nosefrida, which you just stick in your mouth and suck with. I went to Whole Foods yesterday in search of them, but couldn't find them. Want to send me one? How much???
My sister has something similar for my nephews. She got it from her sons' pulminologist. It is not run via vaccum cleaner, but a small motor that is plugged into the wall. It was pretty awesome. I think she purchased the tubes and and rented the motor...pretty expensive. I will have to ask her more about it.
Hahaa....this is great! I'm going to have to look for this in Slovakia. I have one that you suck the snot out with, but this is even better!
Please, please send me one! Nora has a runny nose constantly and is just grosses us out! The bulb syringe is just not cutting it!
WOW! OK, I want one, too! :)
Wow!! What's the price?? I think i want one!!
I talked with my sister and the one she got is called a "Yonker (sp?) Machine" and they had to go through their insurance to get it.
Are you serious? I want one of these for myself!
This post has now exceeded the comments on Reese's Tutu...we are talking snot, compared to beauty. Be careful of commercial blogs...
Please send me one! Nora is in desperate need.
Post a Comment