Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snow Day!

Budapest turned into a winter wonderland today. Snow has been falling since about 11:00am on Monday and it still is right now (even though it has let up significantly). You can obviously see how much accumulation we got - I think at least 6in. Definitely the most snow I have ever seen - not on a ski slope!

The only unfortunate part of so much snow is the location of our friends' houses - all are UP the hill from us. Thus, we did not make it to playgroup this morning. We debated a lot, but ultimately decided to stay at home. Thank goodness we did because almost everyone who tried to go got stuck!

Caden and I ventured out while Reese napped this morning and built our first official snowman! Because of his eyes and nose, Caden has named him "Mr. Potato Head Snowman." He had so much fun eating the snow (I quote, "It is tasty, like water"), throwing snowballs, making snow angels and just running around in general. I had a blast too, but wished I had a snow suit like Caden - my gloves and pants were soaked pretty quickly!

We brought Reese outside after lunch and VERY briefly stood her up in the snow. She is lacking a full snow suit as well, so her stay was short. I guess we need to invest in one of those if this weather keeps up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

obviously this shot of reese was before the snowball...a before and after moment...she will get him back some day..

Babee said...

Precious baby. Get her a snowsuit.

Babee said...

Caden--Great snowman. I like his hat, nose and especially the cute boy in the picture with Mr. Snowman. Yummy snow!

Cathy said...

Cute cute cute!

Lisa Liner said...

Caden,

You are the best snowman builder person I know! Did you name your snowman?

I love you!
Lele

Monique said...

Yup. We got stuck. Me with my 3 kids in a minivan and we were totally fine until we had to stop behind another car that got stuck. Then we couldn't get started again. Dumb car. :) See you soon!