Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Daddy

First off, we miss you! Mommy has been trying to keep us entertained and happy since you've been gone. Her friends have been really helpful in that regard because they have invited us over to play and eat too! I think Mommy has only cooked for us once, and this was the result. This was also the first bath we've had since you have been gone. I guess we had to get this dirty for Mommy to bathe us.
We took care of Mommy on Valentine's Day, but she missed you a lot. I made her buy me a flower instead of buying one for her because she already had all the flowers that you sent her. Good job taking care of that before you left town Daddy! Keesha and Lee cooked us dinner and surprised Mommy with another Valentine's Day gift - Dr. Pepper! Mommy cheated on her no soda rule just to have a glass of Dr. Pepper. We had lots of fun playing with Abigail and Elizabeth on Valentine's night and Abigail agreed to be my Valentine! She really liked the flower and heart that I brought her and she gave me a special Valentine's card too.

Today we had more fun with friends swimming in our pool. I was so brave and floated around the pool by myself with my water wings and noodle! Reese took only a couple of minutes to get used to the water and then she floated in her baby float happily too. After swimming, Maren and I played and ate lunch together. We enjoyed playing Hungry Hungry Hippo!

Tonight, Mommy went to the gym while Ms. Elizabeth watched us. While she was gone, Reese mastered climbing up into my patio chair. Mommy says we have to put it back on the patio now.

We promised Mommy we would try to sleep past 7:00am tomorrow morning. I think Mommy would like that. There is a lot of snow on the ground, it fell almost all day today! Mommy said we will try to build a snowman tomorrow at playgroup (if we can get up the hill). If not, we will build one in our backyard. I can't wait!

We miss you Daddy! We are looking forward to seeing you in London in only 3 more sleeps!

Love,
Caden & Reese

2 comments:

Babee said...

Caden and Reese,
You wrote such a great letter to your daddy. I am sure he misses you too. Caden, you certainly seem to have lots of friends! Reese, be careful climbing.
Love,
Babee

Monique said...

Awwww! So sweet. See you at playgroup!!