Our sweet little Reese is 5 months old today. Time continues to move at a rapid pace and we feel so blessed to have this precious little girl in our lives. I finally feel like I've been able to enjoy her a little bit more since we've settled in here. Reese's personality has certainly come alive in the last several weeks! She is quite the chatterbox and squealer. Caden tries to "talk" to her by squealing back - which gets quite loud in our little apartment! Here are some highlights from the last month...- We hear constantly what a HAPPY baby Reese is. People are so prone to say how happy and content she seems, no matter where we are or what we are doing. Every little old Hungarian woman loves to tickle her toes and coo at her. She smiles back at all of them!
- Reese has discovered her "reach" as she has figured out how to grab everything in front of her when we are holding her in our laps. This has resulted in a few tipped over lunch & dinner plates!
- Mercifully, she has been granting me approximately 10-12 of continuous sleep at night! There are some nights she will go for 13 straight. It continues to vary, but I'm just going with the flow. I know she'll get it consistently soon.
- She loves her big brother. You should see her face light up when he plays with her and gives her hugs. She especially loves reading books with him at nap time and he is very sweet to let her practice turning the pages.
- She REALLY loves her Daddy. Her eyes smile and dance when he gets home, just waiting for him to pick her up. It warms my heart!
- She has started to army crawl. No, I'm not kidding! Last weekend, Kyle and I watched in amazement as she got up on both knees (arms still on the ground) and today, she actually started to scoot/army crawl with her knees up and forearms on the ground. She may beat her brother's record as a quick crawler (he started around 7 months). We have LOTS of baby-proofing to do!
- Reese continues to nurse well and eats a little rice cereal w/ breastmilk each evening. She still gets most of it all over her face as opposed to her mouth, but oh well! It is fun to include her in family dinner time.
We can't wait to see what the next month will bring! I've added some more pictures and videos to finish out our July albums and the beginning to our August albums. Use the links to the right. Enjoy!
5 comments:
Not only is she happy but she is beautiful too!! I love her pretty eyes!
So today I was thinking how life with two seems normal now and we really have it down pretty good...then I thought about what it will be like when Lucy is mobile and I got tired all over again!! I can't believe Reese is already there!!! It goes so fast!!!
How awesome that Reese is starting to get mobile! I still look at Austin and Micah and feel like they are such babies, yet they are so close to this too! Good God how I wish for just 6 hrs of sleep a night...I'm so envious of 10-12!! I wouldn't know what to do with myself!
That's a pretty picture of my sweet Reese!
Reese you are so cute and congrats on being able to roll around. Caden I am very proud of you, continue to take care of you little sister.
Our internet was down due to lighting, I feel like i have missed way to much. Babee showed me some of the videos this morning before i left for work..Reese, what a tasty thumb that must be. Caden, your jumping into the pool is great,,are you putting your head into the water and holding your breath like Lele taught you to. Don't let your sister crawl away...love and miss you.
Post a Comment