The Palatinus is the largest outdoor pool in Budapest, and includes thermal baths, wave pools, a slide complex and children's pools. We met our friends Lee & Keesha and their girls there to spend the day.
First, we rode 3 modes of public transportation to get there, and made it in about 55 minutes, not too bad. Once we arrived we walked around the island, taking in the sites and eventually making it to Palatinus. The kids were so excited to swim and after lots of sunscreen application, the dads were off with the 3-year-olds! The pool was huge and the main pool even had a small lazy river that ran periodically. Caden had fun in it. The water was so refreshing and we all enjoyed swimming, sliding and relaxing! We had a blast letting the kids jump to us from the side. I would count 1-2-3 and Caden would jump and Keesha counted egy-ketto-harom (Hungarian) for Abigail. They are doing really well with their Hungarian! Caden then decided that is what he wanted me to say too, so I now know at least 4 Hungarian numbers (I already knew #5 - ot (pronouced "eut"). These pictures don't do justice to how big the park really is and how many people were there.
Once the kids were sufficiently worn out and we'd decided we had enough water and sun we packed up and thought we would walk the remainder of the island and head back into town for dinner at the Taqueria (where we all first met). We strolled the length of the island while the kids napped for a little while to get back to the tram. Right when we got on the tram, Mr. Caden got sick! Poor thing! We think it was a combination of a weird-looking hamburger at the park for lunch, not enough water, and a sugary drink when we left that upset his stomach. Because he was in the stroller and the tram was quite crowded, none of us saw him get sick. Kyle made a statement that it smelled bad and I looked at Caden and thought, OH MY GOODNESS, someone threw up on Caden. Well, it was him... Anyway, we got off at the Taqueria where we knew we could get Caden cleaned up and get him more water. Needless to say, we got some food to go and had to leave Lee, Keesha & the girls. We were sad not to end the day with beers on the patio! Only other parents of little ones would help us clean up throw-up and a sick kid! Thank goodness for Lee & Keesha!
We got some fluids in Caden before he feel asleep and Kyle and I enjoyed a beer together before retiring to bed after an event-filled day! Luckily, Caden woke up his normal self on Sunday morning ready for pancakes (a weekend tradition in our home now). Here are more pictures from the "happier" times in the day.
Abigail & Caden at the Music Fountain
Snack Time!
The Little Sisters - Elizabeth & Reese
3 comments:
OMG Mere, I'm dying laughing here at your reaction "Someone threw up on Caden!" Priceless! Poor baby, I'm glad to hear he was back to normal on Sunday.
Poor Caden! This is a story you will share with him forever.
love,
Lele
Glad you are feeling better Caden. Pancakes does a body good. I think your haircut looks great! You are much more brave than I am to have a non-English speaking "stylist" cut your hair. It looks like you are taking very good care of your little sister. I am so proud of you and I miss you!
Reese you are getting so big! Keep going with the flow.
Kyle and Meredith you guys look great! You are obviously very busy, we miss you! Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment