Monday, August 18, 2008

A use for our bidet

Many of you could not wait to find out how we liked having a traditional European bidet in our bathroom. You'll have to continue waiting. Aside from Caden using it as his personal toilet in the first few days of living here (no thanks to my mom who encouraged it and thought it was funny), the bidet has not been used. However, I've found a wonderful new use for it as a basin for hand washing delicates! It has a drain stopper and can have warm or cold water which makes it perfect for soaking and washing delicates and Reese's outfits after frequent blow-outs.

We may have to think about installing one of these in our next home...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no recommendations for the bidet, other than the soaking for reese's stuff or for the purpose it was meant for,.,.i am at the boathouse while it is raining trying to update tomtom and i am not having any luck. a nice soft rain is falling at cherokee and i am sure it is like a nice soft soaking in a bidet. that didn't sound right, if i go back to the house, i will get the laptop and tomtom wet,,i guess i will be spending the night on the boat..glad you guys got our for the evening..i will call on tuesday around 1 o'clock your time..not in the morning kyle,,love you.

Unknown said...

Hey Meredith - I came across your blog from Kims site...I had no idea you guys were on the other side of the world. How fun! It looks like you and I had babies about 1 week apart this year. Our little guy Hunter is 5 months and 3 weeks old. How long are you over seas?
Take care, Ashley Grimsley Blalock
www.blalockbuzz.blogspot.com

Staci said...

That's hilarious -- can't think of a better use for it! :)

TeamRiss said...

Ok- that's pretty funny! I love it that you're using it for 'delicates'. And I love the new look of the blog- I guess I haven't been out here in a while. Looks like things are going well in Europe.