Sunday, August 17, 2008

Date Night!

Kyle and I enjoyed a wonderful evening out on Friday night - just the two of us! I got to be "Me" for a few hours :) This was all possible because our friend Laura's regular nanny, Dorothy, offered to babysit since Laura and her family have been back in the U.S. Caden already knows Dorothy quite well and so it made it much easier on us. Can you believe that it took us 3 years, 1 month, and 9 days to pay a babysitter to watch our children? I know, lucky us. Caden & Reese both did fantastic and Dorothy offered herself up for more babysitting anytime.

Kyle and I ventured down the hill, via tram, to Arcade Bistro, a small first-class restaurant in a quaint little square. The menu is International/French cuisine. Kyle enjoyed a wonderful tenderloin and me the salmon. We sat on the small patio to enjoy the evening, but inside was a neat floor-to-ceiling waterfall and a food elevator to bring diners dishes up from the basement kitchen. Overall, the restaurant had a sophisticated & classy atmosphere and excellent service. We took the tram so that we could both enjoy some adult beverages - Kyle beer and me champagne! Hungary has a "zero tolerance" policy which we have been adhering to. I'm not sure where we would find ourselves should we not!

It was a wonderful evening of uninterrupted adult conversation. I don't think we talked about the kids for more than 10 minutes, so that in itself is amazing. We look forward to exploring and trying more of Budapest's restaurant offerings, as we have not found one we've disliked yet (except for the Indian garage Kyle eats at with his co-workers occasionally - it really is a garage).

Of course, I had to document this momentous occasion, much to Kyle's dismay. He's learning many things are documented now because of this whole blog thing. I shaved my legs and put on full make-up for this date though, so it should be captured on film :)

2 comments:

Babee said...

You guys look like you are relaxed and having fun. Good for you! It is a little upsetting to be replaced by Dorothy but I know Caden felt very comfortable with her.
Mom

Lisa Liner said...

So proud of you...going out on date is a "good thing"...love, Lele