Our fun weekend started on Friday afternoon with a joint birthday party for Sam, Katie & Marin at Jason & Laura's home. They had a bounce house in the backyard and burgers and hot dogs on the grill. It certainly felt like a true American birthday party! The kids had a blast and Caden did not make a peep when he finally laid his head down on the pillow at 9:00pm.
The Birthday Kids: Katie, Marin & Sam
Enjoying a birthday cupcake!
On Saturday, we woke up and headed to the PwC Family Day at Kamaraerdei Ifjúsági Park. The event was VERY well done and the kids enjoyed bounce slides, a Merry-Go-Round, bumper cars, swimming, a mechanical bull, and lots more. We spent most of the day with Kelly & Tim and their kids. We did however get to meet a few people that Kyle works with. The day was very well attended, probably better than we would have seen in the US at a PwC family function. The weather was beautiful, the high probably in the low 80's. Nothing compared to the 104 degree weather Dallas will see this week. I can't say I miss that! One of the events at the park was a puppet show. Of course, we were excited for the kids to sit for at least one minute and watch. Unfortunately, their sitting did not last long, as they quickly realized the show was in Hungarian! Check out the video in our July Dropshots album - it is hilarious to see their realization! Here are a few pictures from the festivities.
Caden & Ian on the Merry-Go-Round
No, Caden didn't ride, he just wanted to sit
But I did, and here is the end result!
Pool time!
Taking a term from Stephanie, who recently did this with her kids, I "twinned" my kiddos for the day. Lisa (Kyle's mom) bought the kids sweet little outfits even before Reese was born. Caden's shirt is monogrammed, but Reese's was not since we didn't reveal her name beforehand. It was finally warm enough here to get her into this outfit and it fit so well.
We ended the weekend by joining our Taqueria friends, Lee & Keesha, (see previous "Sightseeing at Heroes Square" post) at their home on the Pest side for dinner. We visited and played for a while and then walked a short distance from their home - which is absolutely lovely with amazing views of the Danube right outside their windows - to dinner at a Mexican food restaurant! The food was delicious, probably the best we've had since arriving in Budapest.
Aside: They menu called refried beans bean-cream which totally cracked me up! Also, Robin - I am loving guacamole here, so I can't wait to get back to the US to get your recipe!
Caden & Abigail shared a quesadilla and afterwards suckers and ice cream. They were totally comfortable together and held hands on the walk back. I wished I had my camera! We really enjoyed the evening and wished it could have gone on longer. What a blessing to meet and click with fellow Texans an ocean away from home!
Our drive home was beautiful (minus the sleepy/crying baby in the back seat). It reminded us how pretty the city is at night with all the landmarks & bridges lit up. We realized we have not been out much in the evening, but should plan to do so soon.
3 comments:
I'm glad you all are adjusting so well and making new friends. I printed out the last 2 blogs and pictures for BeBe. I do have to ask though why our video was so funny! Happy Belated Birthday.
Cathy
Happy late birthday Mere! Kyle usually sends an e-mail reminding everyone when a birthday is coming up. This is ALL KYLE'S FAULT! j/k.
Bean cream? Mmmmmm...
Kurt
Happy birthday! There are so many July birthday's...mine is Monday!
Post a Comment