Monday, July 28, 2008

My Funny Kid

Since many of our readers have 3-year-olds, or somewhere close to that, many of you probably sit around like Kyle and me and laugh each night at the things our kids say and do. Here are just a couple of Caden's latest...
  • Caden's friend's nickname is AJ, his initials. A couple days ago, Caden is singing his ABC's and it went a little something like this..."A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I AJ, K, L, M..." and so on. Did you catch it? So now, instead of just "J" after "I," it is "AJ". Too funny!
  • At the park last week I was sitting on our picnic blanket feeding Reese when Caden declared that he was going to go to the slide and "I'll see you in a few weeks Mommy." He also likes to say "I am three days old!" Not much concept of time for him yet.
  • Caden's new friend Abigail is actually "Ab-ge-bell." I can't figure out how to get him to say it right!
  • We we trucking it up a big hill this morning coming home from the park and I had to pause a few times (pushing 80lbs of kids & stroller is quite hard)! Caden said, "Mommy, you think you can, you think you can?" I nearly let the kids roll down the hill again because I was laughing so hard!
  • Caden declared a few days ago that he got a "skinny." We thought about it and probed a little harder and he said, he got a "skinny" when he was running with Abigail and fell down. Ah ha, a skinned knee!

The wonderful brain of a little child! Such a precious thing!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Caden, you are too funny! SOOO cute! :)

Cathy said...

I am so glad you are writing things down. Martin was the funniest kid I ever knew (Lily gets jealous when I say that), and I always had good intentions of writing it all down but never did. You'll laugh over these things for years and tell them over and over when he is in college. I am laughing out loud right now over the "you think you can."