Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reminders from God

So in all the craziness that is getting settled into a new country, it was a beautiful thing to be reminded that we are not alone in this journey. We've had a couple days of rain here which ultimately stops in the late afternoon and produces the most amazing rainbows. The kids and I were fortunate to see this beautiful rainbow right outside our balcony on Monday afternoon. It just made me stop and remember who God is, what He did for us, and who we are in Him. Caden and I said a little prayer to thank God for the pretty rainbow. I continue to pray for so many things on a daily basis, strength to be a good stay-at-home mommy to Caden & Reese, guidance on how to cope and handle new experiences and feelings of loneliness, and patience regarding the sale of our home in Dallas. This rainbow just put a lot in perspective for me and reminded me that God is watching over us and that is a great feeling.

5 comments:

Dickie said...

We are praying for you guys back "home" as well...you are certainly not alone. Keep up the great blogging!

Lacey said...

How beautiful! Prayer is a powerful thing :)

Newman Family Blog said...

I finally had a chance to catch up on all of your posts from the past month. It sounds like everything is going great! So glad that you are finding so many new friends, playmates for the kids and a church. We miss y'all. If you need us to do anything to help with your Dallas house, please let us know. We're just around the corner!

The Locke Family said...

Wow, what a great picture! It is amazing how God can speak to us in those situations. We're praying for you too! Keep posting, I love reading! :)

Lisa Liner said...

I loved the rainbow picture. What a wonderful time to model to the kids the power that God shows love all around us. I miss you terribly but know in my heart that this journey is in God's hands.