The temperature here dropped quite suddenly after we had some rain a few days ago. The highs have been in the mid-50s and lows around 40 degrees. Huge coats, hats, and scarves have been in abundance. People really like to bundle up around here.
The second day of the cooler weather, I decided it may be time to figure out how to turn on the heat. I asked Erno (by wrapping my arms around my body, pretending to shiver, and repeatedly saying "heat") to show me how to turn on our radiators. He promptly pushed some buttons on what looks like a large water heater tucked away in a closet, pushed some more buttons and dials on what appears to be a thermostat, and generally grunted and turned dials on the various radiator-like things throughout our apartment, and viola - we have heat!
So I'm thinking I have this heat thing figured out. I show Kyle how to regulate it at each radiator and I have the kids rooms all toasty for bed and then, wait a second, why is our bathroom tile warm? OHHH, the kitchen tile is warm too... Run to Caden's bathroom, WARM too. I make Kyle take off his shoes and socks and walk from room to room with me. I'm lovin' this - we have underfloor heating. Maybe they have this in cold states in the US too, but I'm thinking the Europeans are on to something here. Seriously, who doesn't want to step onto warm tile after their shower? Me and my toasty toes are happy as can be!
The second day of the cooler weather, I decided it may be time to figure out how to turn on the heat. I asked Erno (by wrapping my arms around my body, pretending to shiver, and repeatedly saying "heat") to show me how to turn on our radiators. He promptly pushed some buttons on what looks like a large water heater tucked away in a closet, pushed some more buttons and dials on what appears to be a thermostat, and generally grunted and turned dials on the various radiator-like things throughout our apartment, and viola - we have heat!
So I'm thinking I have this heat thing figured out. I show Kyle how to regulate it at each radiator and I have the kids rooms all toasty for bed and then, wait a second, why is our bathroom tile warm? OHHH, the kitchen tile is warm too... Run to Caden's bathroom, WARM too. I make Kyle take off his shoes and socks and walk from room to room with me. I'm lovin' this - we have underfloor heating. Maybe they have this in cold states in the US too, but I'm thinking the Europeans are on to something here. Seriously, who doesn't want to step onto warm tile after their shower? Me and my toasty toes are happy as can be!
3 comments:
Wow...warm floors...how cool is that??? Glad you figured this one out.
Lele
That sounds WONDERFUL! I would like that here in TX since my feet are always cold, even in August! Sounds like you are learning to communicate well - I'll have to remember not to play charades with you when you guys get back since it sounds like you are perfecting it. :-)
Love it! Jeff's parents have it in their house in CO. So, yes, colder states do have it. Although I would love having it here in the mornings and evenings anyway...I don't like cold little, or big, toes touching me when they get into bed.
Post a Comment