Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

For my own memory bank...

Today, Caden learned our 44th President's name, Barack Obama. What a remarkable day in history for our nation.

We watched the inaguration from my friend Mary's home, surrounded by fellow Americans (OK, some Canadians as well) just as excited as us to watch Barack Obama be sworn into office. The kids ran around like crazy and we threw a dinner together. However, when the time came, we were glued to the TV (via Slingbox of course). The older kids sat and watched Obama's address and even though my own were not old enough to, I can't wait to tell them about it someday.

With the obvious qualities of humility and responsibility, President Obama took office today and spread his message of cooperation, understanding, and respect while at the same time emphasizing the faith and determination of the American people who ultimately rule this nation.

I was so excited to watch and thrilled to be surrounded by friends. I did have moments today of definite "homesickness" and wanting to witness this occasion in the US. But, I am happy to be here and get to experience it all abroad as many people over here have just as many interesting opinions!

If you were unable to watch the address, please take the time to read it here.


"Budapest Obama Support Group" - Mary (and Aiden), Kim, Monica & Meredith

2 comments:

Babee said...

I believe President Obama will try and make this world a better place for you to raise Caden and Reese. He has called us to take back ownership of our country and to serve others. I know you will pass that along to my wonderful grandchildren. You write beautifully from your heart.
Love,
Mom

pammie said...

YES WE CAN! :D