Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Official Drinker

Does anyone actually notice how cold it is here when you look at our blog? The weather right now is a damp 19 degrees F. This does not seem to bother too many of our friends around here. Either they have been in Budapest longer than us (i.e. they lived here at least last winter) or are from some cooler climate place in the U.S. and Canada.

For a good 'ol Texas gal, 19 degrees is QUITE cold. For a good 'ol Texas guy, 19 degrees is TOO cold (to take public transportation), so Kyle is cabbing it to and from work.

All this cold weather had turned me into a coffee drinker. I was not willing to admit this fact until now, even though I had a cup every morning in the U.S. at my parents and Kyle's parents homes. I told myself it was because it was there and made. Prior to that, at friends homes, playgroups, etc. again - it was already there.

Now is it official, I am brewing my own coffee - 2 cups every morning. I'm still putting Splenda (quickly running out of - need care package immediately) and flavored coffee creamer in it, so it is definitely not "black" yet. I think I need to fess up though as I think it still counts.

Wonder if I'll want it when we are back to normal weather?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Yay-- welcome to the coffee-drinkers club! You're officially a European now ;) Try adding hot cocoa powder if you run out of Splenda... perfect for cold weather.

Anonymous said...

you have now entered the world of the caffiene fix, it is not the cold weather that continues to make you want the cafe, your mom and I lived in Germany long enough to move to Colorado upon returning to the states and thought that was warm..Now if it is 4o degrees I am cold, but my coffee consumption is the only thing that has remained constant. Some day you will go black only and wonder how you could have messed up a good cup of coffee with sweetner and cream.

Dr Fro said...

Coffee is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Tell Kyle he is a wuss and should walk to work. Wear a scarf.

CF