Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Budapest

We arrived with our 400+ pounds of luggage in tow in Budapest on Friday evening. It is a CHILLY -2 degrees C (28 degrees F) here, snow is on the ground and we just made our first trip out of the house to the lovely Tesco. Oh how I miss Super Target again! Fortunately I stocked up on lots of American goodies and brought them over with us. However, my list was not good or I was just in the U.S. too long to remember more Rotel - only 6 cans left! What am I going to do with the 5 blocks of Velvetta that I still have?!

The time adjustment has not gone too well so far. Caden is having more trouble than Reese at this point. Hopefully the start of school on Wednesday will be enough to wear him out to sleep at night and get back on track. At this point, spending the hours of 12:30 - 4:30am awake is not fun for Kyle and me.

I can't believe the kids and I were in the U.S. for 48 days! We had such a wonderful time with family and friends and I started missing everyone before we even left. I think this adjustment back to life abroad will be tough again, especially with Kyle beginning busy season, but I am so fortunate to already have a great network of friends glad to have us back. I even had 2 welcome back notes in my email when we landed!

Merry Christmas to me was a new SLR camera which I have not downloaded the pictures yet to this computer here, so I promise to upload pictures and probably more posts soon.

Happy New Year to everyone!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad you are all back safe and sound.We enjoyed the time we spent with you over the holidays. We went out with your mom and dad last night and tried to cheer them up! Hugs for Caden and Reese...it is 2 a.m. your time, I hope you are all asleep.

TeamRiss said...

Glad to hear you guys got back safely. It was great seeing y'all over the break. Enjoy Europe!

Halls said...

yay for making it back safely!! And yay for a new camera!!! What kind did you get?? Get some rest!