Monday, December 8, 2008

9 Months Old!

Our sweet little girl is 9 months old and is the absolute twinkle in our eyes! She is changing and developing new skills so fast. Just in the short time we have been back in the states, she has learned new things. She has such a sweet spirit and a contagious smile. We just want to eat her up! Her cheeks are smothered with kisses each day from Caden. When he is not kissing her he is likely rolling around on the floor with her. It is kind of hard to tell him to be gentle when she is squealing with delight! Here are some of Reese's latest accomplishments:

  • Reese is crawling on all fours and also doing some crazy one-legged crawl sometimes too. Many times it appears she is trying to stand up on her own by practicing the downward facing dog. My little yoga baby!
  • She is pulling up on everything - even flat surfaces!
  • She is "thinking" about cruising, as she only gets a step or two in right now.
  • She is climbing stairs. Thank goodness we don't have any of those in Budapest!
  • She has started babbling more, bababa is her favorite. Babee is trying to add the "ee" to the end so she says her name first!
  • After her first two bottom teeth came in, she followed it up with a top tooth and another bottom tooth just this month. 4 teeth in total now.
  • She has mastered puffs and is getting the hang of drinking from her cup, although we still have to help her tip it up.
  • She is a big veggie eater - even more so than fruit.
  • As best I can tell (since we have not had a doctor's visit this month), she weighs 22.5 lbs. I have no idea on her length, but I would bet pretty long!
  • She is wearing 18 month clothes! What a wardrobe we have acquired since we've been back in the state shopping. Thanks to Teneile & Sydney, we now have lots of great Spring hand-me-downs too!
  • Still not much hair (as you can see), but I have at least 50 bows just waiting...
  • And her latest and greatest display - clapping! See video below.

1 comment:

Newman Family Blog said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is that baby girl? Love those cheeks! You just want to kiss them like we kiss Nora's! I can't view the video from work, so I'll have to check it out when I get home.