Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Girls Weekend in San Antonio

Reese and I hopped on a Southwest flight on Friday to visit one of my best friends from high school, college, and beyond - Teneile - in San Antonio. It was quite a quick plane ride as compared to our previous oceanic trip and Reese charmed all aboard.

We had such a fun time with Teneile and her sweet little girl Sydney who is 2 1/2. We spoiled the girls all day on Friday on Saturday playing with them and shopping for them! On Sunday, we did a little shopping for ourselves too. We only hit up one Mexican food restaurant while I was there as I was still not 100% after my stomach flu episode mid-week. We went to Chuy's on Saturday night with our other high school friend Amber (and one of my first-ever friends because we've known each other since we were 3). The margarita was FANTASTIC! If only I could get the recipe for the taqueria in Budapest...

It was a wonderful weekend of girl talk, story-telling, and stalking old friends on Facebook. The true measure of a friend is how long you can spend apart from them and then reconnect like you just saw each other yesterday. Teneile and I are truly great friends! I wish we could have stayed longer!

P.S. Thanks Teneile for all the hand-me-downs from Syd! Reese has already worn the Santa shirt! Kyle is going to be really excited about the Aggie outfit too.

P.P.S. Thanks Amber for all the CUTE bows. Now if only my kid would grow some hair. I can't wait for pigtails!

Reese & Sydney (yep, they already owned the same outfit!)

Bath Time!

Sydney, Teneile & Reese (the girls are sitting on Teneile's tummy hiding Baby Luke)

1 comment:

Halls said...

Looks like you had fun! Are you on Facebook?? I just discovered that world....amazing seeing old faces!