Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sick and Wimpy

When we were in Atlanta last week Caden came down with a stomach bug that kept him on the couch for the day. He was pretty sick but took it really well. He got sick about 3-4 times and each time he did he never cried or got upset, he simply said "Mommy, I choked".

Forward time a week and guess who was sick yesterday - yep me! Now I've always been a pretty big wimp when I have the stomach flu, but I was probably the sickest I've ever been yesterday. I'll spare you all the details, but it was BAD! Luckily, Babee (my mom) stayed home from work to take care of the kids and me. I'm honestly not sure what I would have done without her. Anyway, I think I am on the mend. My sips of water are staying down today. What a great weight loss plan :)

So, while I was all wimpy while I was sick, my little boy was really strong & brave! I hope I am raising a man who won't be overdramatic when sick. We all know what I'm talking about here right - men always seem to milk being even just a little sick for all its worth! I'm proud of Caden for avoiding this innate characteristic. For his wife's sake, I hope it lasts!

4 comments:

Uncle Brett said...

Caden- I am very proud of you for being such a big boy. You need to always try and take care of your momma when she needs it.
Mere-I heard some rumblings of you not feeling well at all. Glad you are on the rebound and are not still under the weather.
Kyle-You probably will not read this so nothing for you. See you on the fantasy gridiron.
Reeseee-I have saved the best for last...I am so proud of your little immune system for not contracting anything (additional to your cold from last week). I miss you and your crazy brother and parents. Good luck with the crawling!
Love-B

Jessica said...

We had that bug in mid October! It IS a doozie!! Cody didn't get it, but he had to stay home from work for 2 days to take care of the kids and me. Oh honey, I can empathize!

PS--I love Uncle Brett's notes to everyone! Hi Brett!

Summer said...

Oh yeah, not fun, I had that one as well. Glad to hear you guys are feeling better, and so glad your mom was there to help out. K was just pretty much free to do whatever she wanted the day I had it b/c I had no strength to combat her toddler-ness.

The Martens said...

Oh how right you are about men when they're not feeling well! Now I know why us women were the ones chosen to go through the pains of childbirth!!