Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Land

Caden had a lake weekend and more importantly, a weekend having Babee and Poppy ALL TO HIMSELF, this past weekend while Reese and I went to San Antonio. He had a blast helping Poppy rake leaves and visiting Santa Land!

I am a serious Christmas-light junkie so it is no surprise to me that Caden loved it. My mom reminded me that I was always the one begging to go to Santa Land and other light shows as a child while my brother begged to go to the Snake Farm. Also, in college, I made Kyle take me to some side-of-the-highway Christmas light park too. I'm sad I missed the Santa Land experience this year, but glad that I am passing on my love of lights to Caden.

Bebe and Meme went along for the lights as well and Bebe treated Caden to a glow stick/wand as they waited in line. The $5 wand promptly broke before they even entered Santa Land because Caden was turning it off and on too much. Bebe was quite upset and tracked down the vendor for another one. I mean for $5, that thing should last at least through the car ride!

Santa (but one that does not talk, according to Caden)


Caden calls this a boot with an airplane on its heel...I guess he has been in Budapest too long

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing these 2.5 million lights were alot of fun for the young (Caden) and the young at heart (MeMe and BeBe). We did have to continue to say that "no, they do not take this down after Christmas". Merry Christmas.